Monday, May 6, 2024

Day 2: Los Angeles, CA to Moreno Valley, CA

 

The whole group, together at Manhattan Beach

The day started early, with a nice hearty breakfast. I was fortunate enough to be joined at breakfast by my daughter Norah, who saw us off in the morning and headed to the beach for the wheel dip. After breakfast it was time to throw my last few items in my bags and head downstairs for bag drop, getting the bike ready to hit the road, route rap (our daily briefing on the day’s route and what to expect), and then line ‘em up and hit the road!

There’s a comedian in every group - Steve had a little fun with Tanny’s bike when she asked him to watch it for a moment….


A few more pics from getting the bikes ready and lining up to head out

Once we were ready, we headed down to Manhattan Beach for the ceremonial wheel dip in the Pacific.


Once the wheel dip was complete, it was to start our journey eastward toward Boston! As promised, I DID take a FEW pictures along the way.




And, of course, I have a video to share as well:

And with that, it is time to sign off. It’s getting late, and I have another big day ahead of me tomorrow. Onward to Indeo!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alan, your idea of showing a video is great. I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Otto! I've had the YouTube channel much longer than this blog, so I've been doing the video first and then writing the blog post. Unfortunately, the last few days by the time I'm done with the video it's getting late, so my posts have left a lot to be desired, but I'm going to try to make that up hopefully over the next few days, and maybe do a recap on the first rest day. We shall see!

      Delete

Day 16: Santa Fe, NM to Las Vegas, NM

 Today marked a couple of milestones for the tour. First of all, it is the first day of the longest stretch of consecutive riding days in th...